Developer Advocate and Technical Program Manager
The Kin Foundation
The Kin Foundation is a Canadian nonprofit organization established for the governance of the Kin Rewards Engine and is focused on facilitating the growth of an open and decentralized ecosystem of digital services around the Kin cryptocurrency. Visit the Kin Foundation page to learn more.
We are looking for a developer advocate to join our decentralized team and help guide partners through all components of our stack, including development and tooling. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will be the main point of contact and technical expertise to our partners and developers looking to integrate our SDKs.
A list of our current front end and back end SDKs (and code) can be found here: Getting Started · Kin SDK Docs. Other open source SDKs are in the works as well.
- Support builders: Guide partners and users through all components of our stack, including SDKs and tooling. Scale up these efforts with documentation, tutorials, blog posts, and videos.
- Prioritize Opportunities: Collect and synthesize community feedback to help prioritize the features and solutions that our developers need.
- Engage developers: Coordinate, present at, and participate in meetups, hackathons, and conferences around the world.
- Create tools/ demos/ tutorials that aid developers, and also help in operations of the foundation
- Inspire and equip developers with the tools and knowledge they need to integrate Kin, and provide hands-on support
- Provide technical support to wallet and exchange partners
- Size and prioritize problems and opportunities
- Contribute to Kin’s library of tutorials, guides, and sample code
- Maintain all developer documentation and keep up to date
- Conduct technical due diligence pertaining to grant applications
- Manage the Bounty Challenges program
- Create and publish technical content (blog posts, troubleshooting/FAQ, case studies, and videos) that will get developers excited about the potential of Kin
- Engage with the developer community where they are: Github, Stack Overflow, Telegram, Discord, Slack, Reddit, Twitter, etc.
- Be the voice of the developer and relay developer feedback to the Kin Foundation based on what you’re seeing and hearing in the Kin Community
- Have the developer journey top of mind and always be thinking of ways to improve it
- Keep a pulse on the developer community and engage with new developers, uncover new projects being worked on and proactively provide support
- Work with the CTO and broader Kin Foundation team to establish and evolve the technical roadmap
- Regularly test partner apps, submit bug reports, identify opportunities to enhance the UX, and provide guidance on best practices around Kin earn and spend use cases
- Take the lead in Kin’s developer events, represent Kin at developer events/conferences, conduct live demos, and interact with attendees
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry working as a developer, evangelist, or dev-tools expert
- Passion for the blockchain space and its power to change the world for the better
- Expert in at least one of Python, NodeJS , Golang, Kotlin, or Swift with a keen interest in learning new languages
- Strong engineering skills; experience in building web and/or mobile applications
- Strong technical writing skills; ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and concepts
- Sociable and willing to hustle; a desire to get out there and meet people
- Solid public speaking experience with a comfort level around coding in front of a live audience
- Passion for inspiring and educating fellow developers
- Experience in a developer evangelist/advocate role
- Ability to work in a dynamic and nimble startup environment; willingness to work irregular hours when required
- Community experience including organizing meetups is a nice to have
- Understanding of the blockchain ecosystem and intersection with consumer apps
- Passion for building a global developer community
- Able to travel, including internationally (when borders reopen)
- Collaborative work culture
- Contribute to the open-source community
- Part of a high growth project with a significant impact on the ecosystem
- Competitive compensation, coupled with long term incentives
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Remote (Decentralized)