Including Areas of Interest & Improved Grant Submission Process
The Kin Foundation is always looking to fund qualified teams and individuals that can bring meaningful contributions to the Kin Ecosystem.
In-order to increase awareness of the various grants offered as part of the Kin Catalyst Fund, we’ve added our areas of interest for grant funding to our website, as well as an improved grant application system to streamline the approval process.
The improved Kin Catalyst Fund Grant Application is quicker to submit, and applicants will receive occasional automated updates on the status of their application. When completing a grant application, be sure to make your pitch clear and compelling. We recommend including links to any additional resources which support your grant application, including if you have a demo, pitch deck or other documentation available to be reviewed in conjunction with your submission.
These improvements & additions will not only expand upon the current pool of grant applicants busy building within the ecosystem, but they will also ensure that qualified applicants will receive grant funding for their initiatives in a more timely & efficient manner.
If you’re already part of the Kin developer community, or just looking to get your foot in the door, there could very well be a Kin Catalyst Fund grant that fits your development ambitions & helps kickstart your journey in the Kin ecosystem.
Dive into the new and improved Kin Catalyst Fund page here, and continue reading below to learn about areas of interest for grant funding.
Currently, the Kin Foundation is looking to fund the following initiatives:
- Mobile apps and games which utilize Kin as a primary in-game currency where Kin can be purchased in-app by end-users.
- Physical goods marketplaces.
- Digital P2P marketplaces (stickers, art, music, etc.)
- NFT related projects where Kin is as a form of payment or reward.
- Kin-back loyalty program for purchasing goods.
Tools & Dashboards
- Tools and/or web dashboards that help ecosystem participants to better understand the ecosystem.
- Kin projects relating to Solana Pay, and associated e-commerce opportunities.
- Tools which make it easier for content creators to receive Kin as payment.
- Dev work in relation to Kin Unity SDK.
- Dev work in relation to Kin Flutter SDK.
- On-chain subscriptions: A protocol that is a factory for any app to create on-chain payment streaming and subscriptions.
- Infographics – which can be distributed to interested parties explaining different elements of the ecosystem.
- Educational materials and tutorials.
This list is non-exhaustive, so if your project does not fit neatly into our above areas of interest, then please continue to submit your grant application for consideration. This list is also available on our website and will be updated there from time to time.
If you have any questions related to the Kin Catalyst Fund and the grants available, you can drop into the Kin Developer Discord to chat with the Kin Foundation technical team and other developers within the community!
Kin is a decentralized cryptocurrency purposely designed to integrate easily across mobile and web apps, with a built-in incentive model that rewards developers for increased usage. Apps built with Kin get paid for creating compelling cryptocurrency-based user experiences, where greater engagement results in shared economic benefits for users and developers. Today, the Kin Ecosystem boasts 60 million wallets, and has distributed over $70M in rewards across 60+ apps since its inception in 2017. Kin is an SPL token on the Solana blockchain, enabling consumer-scale apps to transact swiftly, with minimal-to-no fees. Learn more at Kin.org.